The super affordable, programmable robot. Your stepping stone into the exciting world of science and technology!
Have you ever wanted to get into robotics, but found it too difficult or expensive?
- Programmable – Free open source graphical programming software
- LEGO® compatible – Modular and easily expandable
- Easy to use – Has many pre-programmed functions activated by barcodes
- Remote control – Learns commands from TV/DVD remote controls
- Suitable for all ages – From 5 to 95
- Built to last – Yes, the car scene in the video is real!
…so what will you invent?
Who is Edison for?
Edison Robot is for students of all ages and also for both beginner and experienced hobbyists. You can learn computer programming just like other robotics systems which can cost much, much more. Edison is a great resource for teachers as classroom sets are now very affordable for schools – it’s now possible to have one robot per student. Edison is modular and LEGO® compatible. He provides a scalable way to build any size robotic invention.
Edison is the perfect teaching and learning robot for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) activities!
What can Edison do?
Edison full of an amazing features and functionality.
- infrared obstacle detectors (left and right)
- line tracking sensor
- light sensors (left and right)
- infrared receiver
- infrared transmitter
- piezo sounder
- sound sensor
- two motors with variable speeds
- left and right red LED lights
- and three control buttons
- navigate his way around by detecting obstacles to his left or right
- be controlled by a standard TV/DVD remote
- follow a line or stay within a boarder
- follow a flash light
- communicate with another Edison using infrared light – robot swarm anyone?!!
- play beeps and musical tunes
- respond to clapping and other loud sounds
- move in any direction through his differential drive system