Inspire deep and joyful learning with the micro:bit-powered Hummingbird Bit Classroom Bundle! The Hummingbird Bit Classroom Bundle is comprised of lights, sensors, and motors which allow students to build a robot out of any materials. The power of Hummingbird is in its flexibility – the same reusable kit can animate a poem, model the human arm, build an autonomous rover, or create a pinball machine. Hummingbird epitomises a low-floor, high-ceiling approach: absolute beginners can build & program a robot in minutes, but continue learning advanced engineering & programming for years.
PLEASE NOTE A MICRO:BIT IS REQUIRED AND SOLD SEPARATELY. PLEASE CHOOSE CORRECT OPTION CAREFULLY WHEN ORDERING THE Hummingbird Bit Robotics Kit IF YOU REQUIRE A MICRO:BIT
All Hummingbird Bit Robotics Kits include:
- Free classroom-tested and standards-aligned learning materials, such as programming tutorials, lesson plans, and printable student activities.
- Out-of-the-box compatibility with all laptops and most tablets.
- Free software that is tested to work with school IT environments.
- Support for 4 blocks-based and 3 text-based programming environments, including Makecode, Python, and Java.
- Electrically protected connectors that allow students to easily add multiple motors, sensors, and LEDs without risk of harm due to incorrect connections.
- Options for online and in-person professional development, including classroom and school district curriculum integration planning.
- Classroom-ready packaging, including sturdy cases, sorting compartments, and stackable containers.
- Products that have been created and validated by National Science Foundation-funded research at Carnegie Mellon University and tested in classrooms with teachers and students.
Hummingbird Bit Classroom Bundle Contents:
- 4 – Bit Controller
- 4 – Terminal Tool
- 4 – Battery pack
- 4 – Green LED
- 4 – Red LED
- 4 – Yellow LED
- 8 – Tri-colour LED
- 8 – FS5103B servo
- 8 – FS5103R servo
- 8 – Servo wheels
- 8 – Lego adapters
- 16 – 50 cm servo Extension cables
- 4 – Light sensor
- 4 – Sound Sensor
- 4 – Distance Sensor
- 4 – Rotary Sensor
- 4 – User Manual
- 4 – Premium Kit Case Total is 4 Premium Kits + Classroom Supplies & Tools (for 8-12 students)