The Kano Pixel Kit is a computer made of lights . You build it yourself, and code it with simple steps. It senses sound and displays data. Anyone can get started with the storybook inside, and it works with any Mac, PC, Linux, or Kano Kit.
The experience begins by physically building the Pixel Kit with an illustrated storybook, which demystifies light, data, and the computer’s hardware. Then, you bring the Pixel Kit to life with step-by-step coding challenges: Turn on the lights, make them change colour, react to sound, scroll sports data, paint them, animate them, and more.
The Pixel Kit comes with over 40 creative projects, suitable for all ages, which demystify key programming concepts – by making them physical. Draw and animate your own characters, visualise the weather, build games, create a custom news ticker, and paint with light in 16 million colours.
The Kano App also connects to Kano’s online community, Kano World, where anyone can share and view other creations, see what others are making, bring them to their Pixel Kit, and remix them.
The Pixel Kit is a unique creative coding kit that combines the physicality of digital pixels with learn-to-code flows. Perfect for beginners all ages, the Pixel Kit inspires people to get creative with technology, understand how it works, and not just consume it. It also provides a platform for the arts, enabling animations and drawings to respond to music, sound, and data.
What’s in the box
- Step-by-step storybook: Build your Pixel Kit with easy-to-follow illustrated steps, and learn all about light, LEDs, and pixels.
- 8 x 16 RGB LED Matrix: Paint with light and create works of interactive digital art with 128 dazzling pixels. The only limit is your imagination.
- Light diffuser: Customise the brightness of your lights, whenever you want.
- Battery: Take your creations everywhere with a battery that lasts 3-4 hours
- Tilt Sensor: Bring 3D-motion sensing technology to your Pixel Kit to control games, data, and sound (Select models only).
- 4-way Joystick and 2 buttons: Interact with your creations like you play your games console. Control your games and beat the high score.
- SD Card: Save all your data.
- Mounting point: Easily mount your Pixel Kit on the kitchen counter, bedside table, or any standard tripod.
- Lanyard: Removable lanyard keeps your Pixel Kit close at hand.
- Case: Protect your Pixel Kit from daily wear and tear, bad weather, and keep it safe when it’s not in use.
- USB Cable: Setup, control, and charge your Pixel Kit.
- Stickers: Because everybody loves them. Customise your Pixel Kit to make it truly your own.