Make AR & VR possible in your classroom by participating in our NEW VR/AR STEAM Program.
Students will build and code a 3D simulated environment with user-friendly creation tools then explore in virtual and augmented reality with the Merge Cube and VR Headsets.
This program is designed to enhance future focused learning skills. Students’ creativity and imagination will come to life as they use revolutionary technology to physically connect with the curriculum by building and coding their own experiences. They will enhance their digital literacy skills and develop visual learning and thinking as well as enhance their collaboration skills through teamwork.
- Make STEM learning fun and inspire creativity in your students as they explore, design and share virtual objects they have created and can hold in the palm of their hand.
- Give students an alternative to mobile games and e-readers by allowing them to create and code virtual objects, play AR games and explore their world in VR.
- Convert Paint 3D and Tinkercad designs into virtual objects and hold creations as virtual objects using the Merge Cube.
This program can be customised to target and link into your teaching program. For example, maybe you are studying British colonies and the development of a colony in Australia. Students in our VR/AR STEAM Program could:
- Choose one significant event that shaped Australia’s identity, re-create the scene from the perspective of someone who lived through the event and then travel through time using the VR headsets.
- Create a scene from the perspective of both a settler and an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, including possible scenarios that may have occurred.
The possibilities to link into all parts of the curriculum are endless and only limited to the creativity and imagination of the students.
Suitable for Years 3-8
Maximum Participants: 4 classes (maximum of 30 students each class)
Duration: 8 weeks – 1 hour session for each class – 4 classes on the same day (Same day each week for 8 weeks, e.g. Monday, Tuesday etc.)
Location Required: Classroom
ALL EQUIPMENT PROVIDED! Workshop price includes hire of equipment and a term license to the online VR-3D software for each student so that they can continue to create and code during non-workshop periods.
Sydney – Blue Mountains – $6,720 ex GST ($7 per child/week*)
Wollongong – Shellharbour – $7,008 ex GST ($7.30 per child/week*)
Central Coast – $7,008 ex GST ($7.30 per child/week*)
Newcastle – Lower Hunter Region – $7,440 ex GST ($7.75 per child/week*)
Available in NSW/ACT only. Other areas please contact us for pricing
* Cost per child/week based on 4 classes x 30 students x 8 weeks