Sammat Education, a leading K-12 educational technology company, is looking to hire an energetic teacher who is seeking part-time employment and is interested in delivering our after-school and in-school K-6 STEAM workshops. The applicant must be passionate about delivering future-focused curriculum that engages student’s curiosity.
The position requires the successful applicant to be an independent contractor working in the delivery of K-6 student STEAM incursions. These incursions include robotics, coding, digital animation and various other new educational technologies. These workshops will primarily occur after-school in the Sydney Hills District. There is also an opportunity to run in-school workshops in the Sydney Metropolitan Area.
The successful applicant will work at the forefront of STEAM education in a fun and supportive environment encouraging students to take thoughtful risks and engage in experiential learning. A flexible working schedule is available, with 3-4 afternoons per week required at commencement and the option of an additional full day workshop. There is also a strong possibility of expanding this role with growth predicted in the business over the next 12 months.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in teaching.
- Successful teaching experience with:
– Experience teaching K-6 with the inclusion of STEAM teaching and learning programs.
– Capacity to initiate improvement in teaching and learning.
– Outstanding classroom practice and management.
- Passionate about educational technology and its role in supporting teaching and learning programs.
- Confidence in the use of a variety of ICT’s within a classroom setting, e.g. sphero, ozobots, robotics, coding, iPads, google apps etc. Please note that all training will be provided as needed as our workshops continually adapt to new technologies as they become available.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to adapt to many levels of audience.
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with a variety of individuals in the K-6 education sector including school and business administrators, teachers and parents.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and adapt to new surroundings and various school routines.
- Must have a valid Working with Children Check Number.
- Must have a current NSW Driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Must have an ABN.
For enquiries please contact Matthew Gillard – [email protected] or 0417470954
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW